Sunday, March 13, 2011

Rainbow Glue Collage

I'm a major user of Elmer's multipurpose glue. I might as well be a stock holder of the company. Its non-toxic white substance dries CLEAR… It comes in many sizes from a 4oz bottle to a whole gallon jug (my favorite!). I normally purchase three gallons at a time since the children can’t get enough of it. The screw top is adjustable so it allows the children to control the flow but those of us working with young children know that children love to squeeze that bottle and watch it squirt out.


DSC08284
DSC08289
DSC08299

Big collages require globs of glue to fall like SLIME. Over time the children themselves learn how to regulate the flow of glue depending on their art. They realize that the thicker the glue, the longer the drying time. I often hear a child say; “if you want to take your art work home today, don’t squeeze a blob of glue out”, most often they slow down.

DSC08303
DSC08304
Another great thing you can do is color your glue, I like using drops of liquid watercolor for this. The children have also mixed their own glue colors in the past.
DSC08242
DSC08248
DSC08238
DSC08236 (2)
DSC08231

Please feel free to let me know what your thoughts are.

DSC08233
DSC08296
DSC08307
DSC08309

3 comments:

  1. Those are so pretty!! I'm in the process of going thru our free art bins. This would be a fun project to do with all the leftover collage materials. Your ideas are just so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, this is a perfect project for leftover collage materials…Have fun!!

    Thanks for visiting my Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have these been made on polystyrene blocks - I am wondering about the bubble texture you can see in the background of the gorgeous works.

    ReplyDelete