We found many different ways to use Plaster of Paris. We experimented and made delicious cupcakes that will last forever.
Plaster of Paris mix
Repurposed cupcake plastic containers (for mold)
Sandwich size Ziploc bags
You have to work quickly when using plaster, it hardens fast. I normally work with no more than two children at a time.
How to Make Delicious Cupcakes
· Mix plaster of Paris in a disposable container. Follow recommended instructions.
· Pour into plastic cupcake mold. Fill until the top with out overflowing.
· Set aside to dry and harden. We like to at least give it 30 minutes or more. The plastic container will get hot during drying time. Be careful! The hotter and drier the weather, the faster the Plaster of Paris will dry.
· Pop the plaster out. This will be the bottom of your cupcake.
· Mix another batch of plaster of Paris in a disposable container. Follow recommended instructions.
· Pour Plaster inside of a Ziploc bag. Make sure the children seal it all the way. Cut a small hole in the tip and squeeze plaster over cupcake top. It’s just like icing a cake!
· Set aside dry and harden.
· Paint cupcakes… You can use just about any type of paint. Some children chose Acrylics and others used Liquid Watercolors.
· Sprinkle glitter if desired.