Congratulations to Deborah Stewart from Teach Preschool. Her very informative facebook page has now 20,000 “likes”. You are such an inspiration!
To help Deborah celebrate we are posting The ABC of Preschool.
C for Creativity
Creativity is the ability to make something unique, to envision things that don’t exist and to make common things special. Creativity is the ability to look at everyday items in new ways. Creativity is about thinking, exploring, discovering and imagining.
Ways to Encourage Creativity through Art
1. Give emphasis to the process rather than the product.
2. Embrace unusual ideas from children.
3. Provide a classroom environment that allows the young to play and explore without constant adult interference.
4. Allow time to explore.
Three Month Project
5. Create an art center where children can freely discover materials on their own.
6. Provide a special area where children can explore clay.
7. Display creative works but avoid evaluations.
8. Promote respect for the unusual.
9. Be open to live with a sense of curiosity.
10. Encourage creative problem solving in all parts of the curriculum.
Congratulations Deborah Stewart