Saturday, February 4, 2012

Finger Painting Fun- Part One

Finger painting is a fun and simple way for children to express their creativity. Most children love how finger paints feel on their skin. They enjoy the smooth texture and coolness of the paints.
 
DSC00017
 
 
DSC09967


DSC09974
 


Aside from the textural pleasure, finger painting can help strengthen the muscles in the hands and fingers. This is also a brilliant way for children to exercise their muscles, which will eventually help them on how to hold a pencil properly.

DSC09978 (2)


DSC09988


DSC09990


DSC09976 (2)


DSC00046


DSC00050



Tapping your hand lightly on the paper, then slowly lifting it will leave your hand shape print.

DSC09977


DSC09993



Scratching with one finger tip or nail onto the wet paint will leave a different effect on the paper, compared to using your hands. This process is called Sgraffito; it is a painting procedure where the artist scratches the paint to revel areas of the surface underneath.

DSC00048


DSC00055


DSC09992


DSC00062

I hope you will open the jars of finger paint and allow the children to get messy, and have loads of fun!

5 comments:

  1. Brilliant - I love finger painting. I always find that children who don't normally embrace messy activities can't help but be drawn into exploring the FP. I think good FP is an essential resource in every classroom. Kierna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! What great ideas... we've fingerpainted a few times with my 19mo but I think I'll direct her to experiment with it a little more! :) Thanks for the great posts. I'm now following your lovey blog - please come say hi at Just For Daisy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and love it! What brand of finger paint do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I demand dress missed something, however there are a numerous of pairs in this cool who could spry graded the carriers. abu dhabi movers

    ReplyDelete